Monday, June 8, 2009

PA!

Olive and I continued my maternity leave vacation extravaganza with a visit to PA a few weeks ago (six days after we got back from Chicago to be exact.) A friend of mine had posted that Southwest was having a half off sale for 24 hours only so I snatched up a flight to PA for super cheap.

With flights to and from Chicago under her belt, Olive was a pro on the l-ooo-ng flight from Oakland to Philadelphia. We received lots of compliments from our fellow passengers about how amazing she was...I took all of the credit of course.

We missed the picture with the pilot on her flight the previous week to Chicago (blast!) so we did the next best thing and took it on this trip.

And here is Nikos on his first flight in September 2007 - he was 14 weeks old here, so three older than Olive in the above photo.

Of course, my family was fabulous since I sprung this spur of the moment trip on them with a list of demands including - all my favorite foods, a Phillies game and a visit to the Christmas Tree Farm.

Thursday night Uncle Ray picked me up for the airport and then the Harrison's treated Olive and I to Nat's Pizza - YUM!

Here's Nikos at Nat's last April.

I'll save you from having to look at the picture of me at Nat's from September 2005, when Taki and I swung through PA on the way back from our honeymoon. They probably see me walking up to Nat's and think "oh geez, here comes that chic that poses for a bunch of pictures outside before she eats here." Dork. At least THAT is what they will remember me for...and not the girl that left breastmilk in their booth...right Krassy? Ha.

Friday morning Kristin and I had a great time walking around Doylestown. Here we are at some of the sites. I am sure you will recognize these pictures from other people that have been on a trip back East, I mean, I practically had to wait in line to take a picture at some of these monuments.

Uh huh. Vanilla creme filled please.

Enjoying some Water Ice.

Friday night, after picking up some local brew (have to visit a special State Store as opposed to a regular 7-11/grocery store...whaat?) and pretzels for a mini tailgate (yes, pretzels are involved in PA tailgate parties) we drove into Philly for the game. Wahoo!

For those keeping track, this is Olive's third MLB stadium visit. Go Olive. I have a feeling it will slow down for awhile from here.

Marisa (Kevin's girlfriend) provided us with handmade Phillies shirts to wear at the game. Here is where you can question my parenting skills by letting my 11 week old display a onesie with a questionable phrase. Yes, I am classy - or "Klassy" as my friend Jocelyn corrected.

Nice view of the downtown skyline behind the park.

Aunt Beth and Baby O.

I treated Kristin to a beer bought from a vendor walking the bleachers since I explained that we can't do that "back home." I'm sure when she visits next time we will by alcohol in Target/Safeway since she can't do that "back home."

Saturday morning we drove up to The Farm for a combination Welcome Baby O/Happy Retirement Anut Sandy party. We enjoyed an insane amount of delicious food, and of course wonderful company. We also got in some walks and games - per usual at The Farm. I am not sure how much Anut's life will change now that she doesn't have to work - considering all they do at that place is eat, go on walks and play games anyway. (wink wink.)

The guest of honor with her cake. And by cake I mean one of many that we had for the celebration. We are no slouches.

Aunt Sue and Olive (posing in another Marisa creation.)

If you would like shirts/hats made for your next function contact me and I can give you the hookup! Unless of course you work for the MLB, and then I will tell you that we bought these from a random person on the street.

On Sunday Anut Sandy, Aunt Beth and I had a mini photo shoot with Olive in the playpen and highchair that they (along with my mom and Aunt Sue) used when they were little. So cool! (In case you are wondering, the farm has some antique decor so these were on display in one of the bedrooms - they aren't sitting around being used.

Aunt Sandy and I took pics while Aunt Beth was assigned the much harder job of talking and jumping around to make Olive smile. Good thing Aunt Beth is a pro at talking.

Shots from the Farm.
The barn - don't you think this would be a perfect place to start a brewery? Evergreen Farm's Brew anyone? So far I have come up with Pine Pilsner, Knoebels Kolsch and Lake Jean Lager!

After we left the Farm we stopped by to visit Olive's Great-Great Uncle Howard. I think there was more of a resemblance back when he wore a toupee.

Sunday night ended with some fab cheesesteaks.

Monday before Anut drove me to the airport O posed before some of the mainstays in the Harrison house.

Phillies sign in Kristin's room.

N last year...
King of Prussia Jesus of Dining Room (as opposed to Nazareth.)

I instructed her to look solemn and reflective but then afterwards I realized she probably didn't no what solemn meant.

And my last stop before the airport...

Thanks to everyone on the trip. We had a fabulous time and can't wait to come back with the whole family!!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

I was very impressed with the PA post. I enjoyed the pics and commentary. Can't wait for another visit. Also, I need to plan a trip out west :)

Hap and Sue said...

I, too, am impressed with the PA post! Great job!! And, amazingly enough you beat Uncle Ray with your post!! It was great to visit with you and Olive and hopefully we will all get together again real soon. Like Kristin, I look forward to another visit and who knows maybe one of these days we will come out to CA for a visit!!

Hap and Sue said...

PS - Glad to see that KOP Jesus made it as a photo shoot spot!

Jen said...

Are you ever at home?!

The Roberts Family said...

Ah man, is it possible that this post made me homesick??! I am so jealous!! Next time, book TWO tickets! :) I can't wait to go to PA soon. Thanksgiving anyone?

Bill and Cindy said...

Seeing this post makes me really wish I'd have gone with you! Glad you all had such a good time together.