Monday, June 15, 2009

T-Ball Games and Broken Gloves

Saturday morning I loaded the kids into the car and we made the drive out to Brentwood to watch Mason's t-ball game.

It was really cute to watch a bunch of three year olds attempt to field the balls coming their way. It was a little bit of a free-for-all but it seemed like they were all having a great time.

Nikos and Kira watching the action.

Mason waiting for the coach to t up the ball.

As soon as the game was over and Mason tossed his glove on the ground (so he could join the team high fives) a little glove thief pounced on it.

Said thief was a little bit confused with the left handed glove, and attempted throwing the ball with his gloved right hand. (See attempt below.)

(He later told me the glove was "bwoken." Of course, when we read his Killer Whale book he also tells me that the whale is broken. I think that he thinks the white part of the whale is the "broken" part.)

After tossing the ball around Nikos and Maile ran the bases (she is the blond blur at the top of the picture.)
And for those that come to the SI Alumni Game, tell me that is not the exact same form that Taki has while he is "running" the bases. I tried to dig up a picture for comparison and couldn't find one. Must be because he is too quick for my camera.

1 comment:

Linda said...

I think he does hol his arms up like that!