Thursday, June 11, 2009

Take That HGTV

Yesterday I bravely decided to embark on a home improvement project again. Those of you that are loyal readers may remember the last time that I tried this ended with a drill bit broken off into the wall. Whoops. To be fair I did then try to hammer the drill bit into the wall and just use that to hold up the picture frame, but that didn't work out so well.

Despite the fact that the IDIOTS - Hangman Products - that made the wall mounting bracket printed their name and logo upside down - as in, when you hang the mounting bracket the correct way all of their information is upside down. What? Yeah, I know. I only realized this after I hung it - with the company name printed right side up (and therefore legible) and tried to affix the shelf. No go. Argh. Did I mention I also dropped two of those tiny bubble levels behind the couch? This is why people hire people to do this sh*t.

Please enjoy some pictures of my successful project. And no I will not tell you how long it took me. It is the final outcome that matters.

Now I just need to replace that obnoxious speaker with a teeny Bose one.

9 comments:

BTMS said...

what a clever idea!

Sara said...

What a cool idea!!! I would copy it, but you obviously have way more of a head start than we do!

I've had some home-improvement mishaps lately, too... soooo anoying!!

Santa Claus said...

Merry Xmas... HO HO HO!!!

The Serrano Chili Pepper said...

Heather Heather... why did you not call upon your talented/ creative/ genius/ top-notch/ one hell-of-a el marido and have him hang it for you... I must say that I looked over those deck photos and I can not wait dar or celebrar una fiesta on that deck with my amigo's!!

Adios!!!

Jen said...

Good work Heather. Very fun idea. Love that Manhattan beach is first, just move down here already and you wouldn't have to stare at a bottle of sand.

Brenda B. said...

That's a great idea!!

Alina said...

I love it! ...also like Jen's comment :)

The Press Family said...

Very cute! When do you find the time???

Bill and Cindy said...

Great job, Heather!