Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Joys of Commuting and Uno, Dos, Tres!

Today I became a real, bona fide commuter. On my way out the door at work I realized I had forgotten my book on my desk. Argh! 23 minutes on the train without a reading material. Heading down the stairs to bart I swiped my pass, entered the turnstile AND REACHED INTO THE BLUE RECYCLE BIN AND PULLED OUT A FEW SECTIONS OF THE NEWSPAPER. What?? Just two weeks ago I was telling Taki "Who are these people that take papers out of that bin - especially the ones that take the time to sort through it for the ones they want? It's so bizarre." Yup. I am now one of them. It was like some sort of weird initiation. I tried to maintain some semblance of dignity by just reaching in and grabbing haphazardly (my score was the front page, 96 hours and sales sheets...not bad for a rookie) but I did have a scary glimpse into a future where I was rummaging around trying to find the Entertainment section. Here's hoping commuters will start using that bin to recycle Us Weekly and People!

In other Romios household news...Niko's third tooth started coming in! You can just see the tip of the top right tooth. Whoop whoop.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You're moments away from collecting recyclables. I mean, they're worth like five cents.