Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pretty Soon I'll Be Sharing a Cell with Lindsay Lohan

A few weeks ago we headed to Pizza My Heart for dinner. Since it was a Tuesday night they had their Kids Make Your Own Pizza deal and in addition the night was part of a fundraiser for Brian Stow (Giants fan currently in a coma from being beaten in LA on Opening Day).

On the way in Nikos climbed up on this sculpture and asked me to take his picture.

Nikos was very excited to make his own pizza. (Good thing too since they forgot about -??- the first ones that the kids did and they burned in the oven so we ended up making two rounds.)

Olive (and Baby) added toppings to their pizza.

Pepperoni may have been a little too spicy for Olive.

After dinner we played outside on the grassy courtyard at Bay Street. The kids were having a lot of fun until Nikos got in trouble for jumping...

and I got in trouble for TAKING PICTURES.

What?! Yes, the security guard told me I wasn't allowed to take pictures because we were on private property and they didn't want them to show up on Facebook or anything like that. WHAT? For those that are unfamiliar with Bay Street and are now under the mistaken that it is a bank vault or some sort of federal building, IT IS NOT. It is an outdoor shopping area in Emeryville, maybe something that would like some publicity like "Bay Street - what a great place to eat and play!" or "the kids are loving Bay Street!" Totally bizarre and annoying. Of course, by the time he reprimanded me I had already tweeted a pic and posted something on fb - naturally I had to complete the trifecta by blogging about it.

1 comment:

Bill and Cindy said...

I don't 'get' the picture-taking ban either. Makes no sense at all.