Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Sunday Sunday

We started out the day with a 2 mile walk up to Cinnaholic in downtown Berkeley - a vegan custom cinnamon roll shop. Yes, I have to admit I was a little freaked about the whole vegan thing - but I had a Groupon for half off and it got great reviews on Yelp so I thought we'd try it. And hello? The bomb.

Totally customizable cinnamon rolls! Nikos opted for regular cinnamon roll with vanilla icing.



We added chocolate chips to Olive's...



She was a fan.


Mine was lemon icing with blackberries on top.



And Taki's was key lime icing with graham crackers crumbs. They were seriously awesome. The only thing that could make these cinnamon rolls better would be if they offered crumbled bacon as a topping...which I realize goes against the whole vegan thing.

Next up we walked the two miles home (after a quick stop at the Starbucks next door - so perfect!)
We stopped at Ohlone Park on the way home so the kids could get some wiggles out.

First up - we see this kid playing with this flying saucer thing. Did I mention that he was flying it with an iPad and that it had a camera on its nose?? Be careful all you backyard sunbathers!


We hit the playground next.





Whoops. Perhaps I should have given you some warning for this one. Ha. We went to the D'Angelo house to watch the Giants game and the kids decided to play dress up. Hee hee!


Happy Snow White.


And the night ends with dancing!

YouTube Video

- Posted using BlogPress from Heather's iPhone

1 comment:

Brenda B. said...

I ♥ Groupon! Glad the Vegan thing didn't turn you away (I wouldn't have tried it LOL)

And um, that dress-up picture is the perfect blackmail for his teenage years!