Monday, October 4, 2010

August in LA

In August daycare was closed for a week for vacation so I took the opportunity to take Nikos down to LA for a quick trip to meet baby Tyler Beck.



I scored totally cheap flights on Virgin and the trip down did make me question why I ever fly anyone but Virgin (or Jet Blue) for the fact of their awesome personal tvs.

Next up - I let Nikos pick the rental car.

Yes. I can only hope that the reason I saw people in other yellow cars on the freeway was that they let their toddlers pick the color as well.

And finally we make it to meet the adorable baby Tyler!

The Becks live in a fabulous new place complete with a pool and hot tub. I told them its like a timeshare. Frankly I'm surprised my parents weren't in the unit next door.

Love this one.

After spending time with the Becks Nikos and I drove to the Villafanas. First up, we headed to the beach (where Jayme and Tyler met up with us for his first beach trip!) Jenn took us out to the Peninsula in Long Beach - a great location with no waves and little wind.

Nicolas and Nikos

Nicolas and Kayla

Driving trucks in the "surf."

Back at the house the kids posed for a funny faces pic.

The last morning of our trip we met up with Kelli and Connor in Manhattan Beach and had a great breakfast at Uncle Bill's - sadly, I got no pictures of this event.

Here's Nikos with his be-good-on-the-plane-bribe before we boarded the plane for San Francisco.

Although the trip was far too short for my taste, we had a fabulous time. It was great to meet baby Beck and see a bunch of our friends. I love LA!

3 comments:

Brenda B. said...

A few things:

1) Do you get the same stares from passerby's at the airport when Nikos carries his own suitcase as we do?

2) How could you not talk him out of that car?

3) I laughed pretty hard at the timeshare comment and why your parent's weren't in the nearby unit :)

Jayme said...

I realize I'm a little late to the game on this one, but we loved having you visit...come again soon!

Romios Family said...

Brenda,

1) Yes, same stares. Everyone seems to love it!

2) I know, he was SO excited about it I couldn't turn him down.

3) You only laughed hard because it was SO true! :)