Monday, August 25, 2008

Dr. Atkins Would Be Happy

I promise I am trying to get NYC posted...sadly, all I have been successful at lately is puking. At my doctor's appointment last Friday I had a trace amount of ketones in my urine, which basically means since I am puking up practically 2/3 of all my meals, my body is burning fat and not food (good if you are on Atkins, bad if you are pregnant.) If this keeps up this week I have to go back to the doctor and get measured again and possibly get put on iv. Let's put it this way...as of today it is not looking good! :(

3 comments:

Darcy said...

Oh man, that sucks! Did you puke so much with your first pregnancy? Well, good luck, I KNOW it will all be fine!!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear that...if you can stomach it anything ginger would help alleviate the nausea. Ginger tea or capsules even. There is a great ginger and honey tonic at Pharmaca. Acupuncture also works really well ;)

The Press Family said...

Wow....I never had pukage like THAT. I'm so sorry. Fingers crossed that you're on the upswing.