Friday, August 22, 2008

And One More Makes Four!

Yes, it is time to confirm the worst kept secret in history, Nikos is going to be a big brother sometime around next March. Wahoo! I am sure most of you know this already either from a) my big mouth b) my lack of drinking in recent blog posts (yes Jack, my shot in the luge was oj while Mel had tequila) or c) the sudden - and if I may say so not entirely welcome - appearance of my belly. (WHAT?!)

I am 12 weeks along and one of the reasons that this blog has been so pathetically updated is the fact that, in the spirit of the Olympics, I have decided to take on a new sport - puking! Yes, I think that I am going to medal in this one - I am a sure thing for the gold (if only because Melanie isn't pregnant at the same time I am.) Yes, I now, sadly, have my favorite place to puke at bart (stay away from the bushes by the elevator), my favorite place to puke in the city (sorry MCM coworkers, for taking over the handicap stall -- and hypothetically running over a few members of the Performance team on my way there last week) and then of course car trips have seen me put inventive uses to Safeway bags (and at times Starbucks cups.) Thank goodness I learned my lesson at Robin's bachelorette party (much to the detriment of everyone else in the limo) and haven't tried puking into any Crystal Geyser bottles. Of course, desperate times call for desperate measures so I am not making any promises.

For everyone's amusement, I thought I would share a few of the comments I have received for this pregnancy.

"AGAIN?" Let me just say that the kids will be 21 months apart so it is not like I am pulling a Britney Spears or anything. This was said to me by one of Mel's friends at the gangsta party, so of course, my response was "I'm Melanie's sister, what did you expect?"

"Aww look, your little belly is popping out." Let me just point out that a) it was my boss who said this and b) I WAS EIGHT WEEKS PREGNANT. I told her no one liked to hear this statement and that in fact I was going to say it to her next time I saw her eating Mexican food for lunch.

"At least you already look a little pregnant so people don't think you are puking because you have been boozing." This is when I was 11 weeks pregnant, so I guess I should have expected it considering the fact that it was three weeks after my little belly started popping out.

"Do you think your face is going to swell up as much as it did last time?" The only thing stopping me from stabbing this person in the eye with a fork was the fact that I had to puke so I had to get up and run to the bathroom. Lucky coworker.

Alright, I am getting ready to head to EBHH. Hopefully the bartenders there (Jeff and Sarah) will make me some fun NA drinks.

I will close this post by thanking Jen Martin for the fact that these two children will be so close together. May you not suffer any guilt since you know that you will be my first phone call when I want to tear my hair out.

11 comments:

The Roberts Family said...

YaY finally you're out! CONGRATS!! Hopefully it is twins so that we can both have THREE kids!! :)

Darcy said...

Congratulations! You are quite couragious, Katie is older then Niko and I still can't imagine have another one yet. Or ever. Not sure. ButI digress. This is exciting news, I am very happy for you guys! You should go back to see that girl at the Gap and say something like "whose pregnant now, huh, HUH?" That will show her. :)

The Press Family said...

Congrats!! I, too was wondering what was in the ice luge, but I didn't quite know how to word the question w/out being obvious! Sorry about the puking....been there. Hopefully not much longer. I am voting girl, though. Just because of the different pregnancies thus far.

D'Angelo Family said...

Woohoo!!! Nikos is going to be such a good big brother! I'll try to watch my comments to you during this pregnancy so that you don't puke on me or stab me in the eye with a fork!

Kelli said...

Please keep us updated on the stupid comments people make. It is quite entertaining at your expense.

Unknown said...

Such great news! Two kids is a piece of cake...you are going to love it! And as Mel knows, 3 is the new 2...so keep 'em coming. Sorry about the puking. That is the worst. Hopefully just a few more weeks of puking to go. Best wishes!

Hap and Sue said...

Congratulations! We are very happy for all of you!! I don't know how to vote in the poll -- I would love to see you have twins -- I think that would be neat -- but the only thing that really matters is that you and the baby are healthy. Sorry about the morning sickness -- something I am glad I passed up!! Take Care!! Congrats, again!!

Brenda B. said...

Congrats!! You're braver than I am at this point ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Romios family! Although, I have to admit I already knew...seems Mel can't keep a secret either, as I got the news via text message awhile ago ;-) Congratulations, 2 kids is so fun, and I'm voting sugar & spice, because I can't wait to see the cute little outfits you'll dress a girl in! -jenifer

Sarah said...

April Fools! Suckers.

Jen said...

You will be thanking me when you are in Greece next fall and your littlest one has had his/her first round of shots and doesn't come home with God knows what!