Wednesday, June 1, 2011

M-I-C...K-E-Y

On Mothers' Day weekend Katie and I took Nikos and Brookie to Disneyland to celebrate their 4th birthdays. We had the best time! We flew down early Saturday morning, spent the whole day at Disneyland and California Adventure, spent the night at Disney's Paradise Pier hotel and then flew back Sunday afternoon. The kids were AWESOME! We had very few breakdowns and they did amazingly well. I'm going to break this trip up into several different posts because I took 450 pictures and I don't want to overwhelm you.

Love me some Southwest Airlines. Conveniently, the kids both decided to sit in Katie's row so I got a row all to myself (snicker, snicker.)

It was Brookie's first time at Disneyland so we decided to go big for the first ride - the Matterhorn!

The park was closing early that day for the World Premiere of the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie (no we didn't see Johnny) so we lucked out with the lines and hardly had to wait in any at all. Of all the times I've been to Disney (World or Land) this was the smallest amount of lines and crowds.

Waiting in line for one of my two faves - It's a Small World! Clearly Nikos is already wary of the camera.

Take my picture by the moose Mama!

Katie and Brookie wait for the ride.

The ride.

Nikos wanted me to make sure to take pics of some of the new editions.

One of Nikos' favorite rides (besides Matterhorn and Buzz Lightyear) - Teacups!

Dumbo - I swear he's having fun.

Sleeping Beauty's castle - Alice (in Wonderland) and her Prince Charming?

Astro Orbiter! Nikos was super excited to go on this ride since when we were there for Thanksgiving he wasn't tall enough (funny how the height for Matterhorn is less than the height for this one!)

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

D'Angelo Family said...

so fun! I love this pics!!! Especially the one's you took of you and Nikos by yourself!