Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Brusha Brusha Brusha

I finally got my sh*t together and took the kids to their first dentist appointments - what a way to spend my last day off before I started working again.

I was a little nervous since Tyke couldn't come with me but the majority of the visit went really well. I had the kids bring a backpack with a few toys but since it was a pediatric dentist I needn't have worried.

Olive gets ready for her closeup.

Nikos went first and he wasn't really nervous at all - the only thing that realized bothered him was the bright light but after he got the sunglasses he seemed to be okay.

The hygenist (or dental assistant? I can never remember - sorry Jennie!) showed Nikos how she would clean his teeth.

All smiles after the cleaning.

After the dentist came over and checked out his teeth she realized he had a couple of cavities in his front teeth (turns out we should have been flossing??) She had him take some x-rays to make sure - he was a champ again, especially when he found out he got to pick a toy afterwards.

Unfortunately there aren't many pictures of Olive since she was a little upset in the beginning and she ended up huddled on my lap for the first part. Luckily, even though she wasn't a huge fan of the flossing part she was totally fine with brushing her teeth and then finishing up flossing at the end. And a big fan of her sunglasses prize as well.

When it came to the end with the dentist she laid down on the chair and Nikos crawled up with her and held her hand so she wouldn't be scared - it was super cute!

No comments: