Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Warm Weekend

While the PA relatives have been "digging out from multiple blizzards" (to read: getting to leave work early, not having to go into work at all, building snowmen...) we have been enjoying some unseasonably warm weather. And yes I said enjoying. After complaining that it has been too warm lately and that it is supposed to be cold in the winter I am trying to embrace Taki's comment that I will never be satisfied and just be happy that it is nice out.

The kids and I started Friday with a Habitot meetup with Sarah and Marco. Habitot had a new exhibit - animal hospital/ambulance and baby nursery and the kids spent a lot of time there.

Marco and Nikos in the Animal Ambulance

Olive checking out the bath for the babies

Of course, in true BabyO form she contemplates the scene for a few seconds and realizes HEY I'm the only baby here!

After playing in the new area they hit up the diner - repurposed into a Chinese Grocer (very timely for Chinese New Year.)

After leaving Habitot we hit up Jupiter for lunch (great time - no pics) and on the way home the kids and I celebrated the warmth with Starbucks (I know you are shocked.)

The kids chose double chocolate chip frapuccinos.

I marched them straight to the backyard to prevent any chocolate stains on the couches/walls.

After pigging out on our treats Nikos showed us one of the yoga poses they do at school. I think it was called "the star."

On Saturday Taki let me sleep off a Bronchitis hangover but I rallied by the afternoon and bought some ice cream treats on my grocery shopping trip.

Drumstick Cheers!

No comments: