Monday, February 28, 2011

Let It Snow

For Presidents Day weekend we decided to take the kids up to Tahoe as we hadn't been yet this season. We realized how spoiled we usually are since we had to stay in a hotel since my parents didn't have their timeshare week. Of course, since we stayed at the Embassy Suites Nikos kept calling it a timeshare anyway - ha. The hotel is in a great location in South Lake (right next to my parents' place!) and we all loved the free breakfast and happy hour at night.

We drove up on Saturday and the kids got their first taste of the snow this year. Nikos was all over it, it took us about half an hour to walk across the street because he insisted on stopping EVERY.FEW.FEET to play in the snow.


Olive, on the other hand, really wanted nothing to do with it. Nothing. Here's one of the select few smiles we got while she was exposed to the elements.


Yes, poor baby was freezing, she did not pack her snow clothes. Or any clothes for that matter.

Here's a cute video I took of Nikos playing in the snow and Olive...well, shaking and hugging baby to make sure blood circulates throughout her system since she has no clothes on.



And here's a quick shot of my borrowed boots (and proof that there are decent people in this world.)

Backstory: Turns out I don't have any snow-appropriate boots (I usually wear my Uggs but they soak thru way to fast) so this year I put a post on freecycle (a site where people give away free stuff) asking if I could borrow some size 7 snow boots. I picked up the boots from a girl in Rockridge (a neighboorhood in Oakland not far from my house) on Saturday morning and returned them on Monday night. Yay!

Tune in tomorrow for some sledding action and more fun in the snow (or torture if you are Olive - ha!)

No comments: