Saturday, February 19, 2011

Little Circus Monkeys

So we enrolled Nikos (and Marco) in circus class and he started about a month ago.

Humph.

Week One: I went to the first class with him and he did okay, a little off on listening to the teacher and not totally into following all of the directions but not too bad. Class involves stretching and trampoline jumping (at the end.)

Week Two: Taki attends with him and says Nikos has gone way downhill and barely follows any directions or participates in class at all. Class involves stretching, tightrope and trapeze.

Week Three: He wakes up and informs us he doesn't want to go to class. Fine, I decide that I don't want to spend an hour begging him to follow instructions or chasing after him. Three hours after class ends he asks us "When are we going to circus class? Won't Marco miss me?"

Week Four: I resolve to take him to class and I bribe him with Grandma. As in "Grandma is going to come over and play with you if you do all of the things the teacher asks you to do in class today, but if you don't she's not going to come over." (Side note: this was a dangerous little game I'm playing since she is coming over to babysit regardless since Taki and I are mac and cheesing in the afternoon.) Bribe works out well, he does pretty much everything the teacher asks him to do and his attention lapses seem to be on par with the rest of the class. Class involves stretching, tumbling and trampoline. Below are some pics and videos from the class.

Sarah and I spent most of the class trying to stay out of eyesight of the kids (we think they do better that way) but I snuck over to try and get some videos of what they were doing.



I think they were acting out something where they were jumping off the little stools pretending to dodge alligators. Or at least that is what Marco told us...

Class ends with some trampoline jumping.




I'm feeling positive about the whole thing. We have this Saturday off for the holiday but will be back at it next week. Hopefully I will be back on the blog with some trapeze action!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Taki is insane. Niko was waaaaay worse the first week. You had the worse week.

The Roberts Family said...

"...but I like to bend my knees." he he too cute!
You need to tell me when the little performance/last class will be!