Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Love It When You Call Me Big Panda

Our good friends Christian & Gail invited us to the Giants game tonight - with the disclaimer that the seats were free but nosebleed section. Like any good parents we weighed the fact that the game started at 7:15 (15 minutes after Olive's bedtime and 15-45 before Nikos') and promptly said "Yes!"

Although we were upper deck (to quote Gail "I've never been this high") we had a great view!


Nikos pregamed with a soft pretzel. Taki said he freaked out that he (Taki) forgot to get him mustard (I went and grabbed some.) I was just confused about the fact that someone would buy a soft pretzel and not automatically grab mustard as well.


Olive and Taki - Olive grubbing the pretzel too.


Nikos cheering for the Giants (sorry Aunt Sue & Hap - although you were probably happy with the outcome of the game!)


Family pic.


Gail also treated me to my beer (not sure how u tricked her into that!) so I used my $10 beer allowance to buy Nikos a panda hat from a street vendor (notice O also sporting a Panda sweater.) Nikos was stoked.

We will have to make sure to point out Pablo Sandoval to Nikos during the next game. When Buster Posey came up at this game Nikos did yell "it's Buster Pooty!"

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Hap and Sue said...

At least the best team won, Heather!! haha!! Where is Nikos' Cubs gear?! Did you give him a choice what team to cheer for?! Looks like it was a fun time -- can't believe it was chilly -- it was still in the 90's here after 8pm and it was HUMID!! I think they said we are in our 7th heatwave of the summer -- but truly I have lost count!! Let's go Cubbies!!!!