Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Love LA!

As an early Father's Day gift I surprised Taki with a flight to LA for a quick 19 hour trip to see his friend Dave's band play by the beach. (The "surprise" factor may have had something to do with the fact that I was afraid he would say we couldn't go...but that is neither here nor there.) Dave's band, Chubby Tangent, was getting back together for a one night to play a charity show.

Grandma came to the babysitting rescue again and came over to our house Saturday morning so we could catch our 1pm flight. We remembered our drink tickets this time so we started out with a rum and Coke Zero for me and a beer for Taki. The flight attendant was nice enough to treat us to our second round shortly thereafter - sweet! We end up landing in LA a few minutes early and have to wait - in our seats with our seatbelts fastened - for our gate to open up. No big deal, right? Ha. Did you remember I was with Taki? He tells me he "really has to pee" to which I say "are you freaking kidding me? Can't you hold it??"...I'll interrupt this story to give you some background so you can more accurately appreciate the situation. He peed right before we got on the plane. We got on the plane at 1:00. He has peed once on the plane. It is now 2:00. REALLY?
The story ends with the flight attendants calling up to the cockpit so they could get permission for my husband to get up and pee. Nice.

Okay, back to our fun weekend. Jeff and Sarah (who drove down) graciously picked us up at the airport and we headed to the bar and met up with our friends. So fun!

Jenn, Me, Sarah and Kelli at the bar

Paul Lemire playing as the opener.

I think the lack of buttons can only be explained by the abundance of beer.

Jeff, Two-button Taki and Nego.

Gus Gus

The band during the Q&A portion of the show.

Jayme's tiny belly
Old roomies - we're just missing Shana!

And this was our view 19 hours after we left to go down to LA...

Great weekend!

No comments: