Monday, August 10, 2009

Not to Toot My Own Horn

...but I have friends in high places. Or at least cool places. Or whatever. Here are some of the people I know that raise my stock.

My friend wrote a book! A real book, like, you can buy it at Barnes and Noble and everything. How crazy is that??! The book is The Birthing House and it just arrived and I am about to kick the other book on my nightstand to the curb so I can read it.

I looked for a picture of Chris and I (you know, to help prove my coolness) but alas, I think the only picture I have is not digital and buried somewhere. So here is the next best thing, a picture of me and Pia (the author's wife) in Chicago and a picture of the house featured in the book!

Next up in my cool friend line-up, my friend Mark Farrell is running for Board of Supervisors in San Francisco (District 2.) Wahoo! I'd post a picture of Mark and I, but being photographed with me may hurt his chances. Ha.

Lastly, my friend Jeff Cannata is pretty famous in the web 2.0 world, I mean, the guy has over 21k followers on Twitter? What? I have 31 - although I did have to block a bunch of freaks after the whole Dunkin Donuts contest. I am sure I would be up to at least 50 by now. Jeff stopped by to visit earlier this summer.

Again, this is why there is no picture of Farrell and I. I mean, for god's sake, my bra is showing. Niiiice Heather.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I feel like my stock is raised from association! Now I will telling everyone that my friend's old co-worker's husband wrote a book! AND that my friend went to high school with someone who has 21K tweeple.

Jeff said...

At least you're wearing a bra. Or any clothes for that matter.

Romios Family said...

Thank you Jeff. More reasons Farrell should disassociate.