Monday, August 17, 2009

Maternity Leave's Slow Demise

My Six Month Travel & Leisure stint is slowly coming to an end. I dropped Olive off at daycare this morning with Nikos. The good thing is I wasn't nervous at all since I love my daycare, although I have to admit I was a little sad. I'm still off of work for the next two weeks but I am going to be working on various house projects - including painting the exterior of the house. Yes, you read that correctly. The things we will do to save $6800...of course, Olive's daycare for this week and next IS costing me $400 so I guess I am only saving $6400.

Here's a shot the two this morning in their sibling shirts. You can't really see the intended effect of the pictures since Nikos' book is covering the "Big Brother" portion of the shirt but you get the picture. I felt the need to let you know so you didn't spend all day wondering What is Nikos? I'm the smartest? I'm the skinniest? I'm the one that threw a fit when mom wanted me to put my book down?

PS - Have no fear, the chest hair behind them will not be dropped off at daycare as well. Looks like the Method employees are the losers in this round.

Alright, off to play Cinderelly. I'll update you on how the day went later and will also be posting our pics of the great time we had at Sarah's cabin at Silver Lake this weekend.

7 comments:

Sara said...

I think you need to enlist the firemen to lend a hand with the housepainting :)

Shawna said...

Ambitious!

Sarah said...

Did you finish today?

Beth said...

Some of Uncle Ray's comments when I told him YOU were going to paint the house,-"don't paint the grass" and "do you know what end of the brush to use..." Send pics of the finished project and good luck! Aunt Beth

Kristin said...

I just read the comments my dad said to you.. he's mean (I have to admit I laughed though). I can't wait to hear about these projects. I also noticed Olive is wearing her world f'in champ onesie in the one pic.. how appropriate. haha.. enjoy your last 2 weeks

Brenda B. said...

Wow, I'm impressed you're going to paint the exterior. I get hives from doing one interior accent wall LOL

gina said...

You are just too funny...Cinderelly!!! Are you painting the WHOLE house solo??