Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Little House That Could

Today we drove out to Berkeley where we not only experienced a 10 degree drop in temperature, but all kinds of new changes to our house! It's funny, I remember when we first moved to California (when I was in junior high) and my parents would drag Melanie and I out to our house all the time to see the changes as they built it. And Melanie I were SO BORED by it. "Oh great, they put in a new window Dad...". And now I find it exciting!

View (from our driveway) of the addition


Standing in the new addition, looking at our garage. The two large holes you see are for two sets of french doors. One set will lead into the kitchen, the other into the master bedroom.


Another look into the addition, this time from the street. The shell of the wall (ha - something tells me that isn't the technical term) is the wall that will separate the master bedroom and the kitchen. The room closest to the camera is the kitchen.


This is the view from inside our kitchen. Sadly, as much as I LOVE LOVE exposed brick, we are tearing this chimney down (it used to vent the hot water heater and stove). It will give us more space and is soon to be the home of a utility closet. We upgraded to a tankless water heater, whoop whoop. Maybe Taki should have warned his mom before he took this shot!


The front of our house - minus the siding.


The beginnings of our new roof - which we badly needed! Every Christmas when I crawl up on the roof to hang the lights (last year Taki was nice enough to do it for me since I was 4 months pregnant) I complain to Taki how we have the worst roof on the block. Not anymore!


So, it may not look like much, but we are increasing the space by 25%!


Back view of the house again.

No comments: