Monday, September 10, 2007

Fun Firsts!

WOW, a lot of firsts for Niko in the past few days. His hair was getting a little long, causing his Aunt Melanie to comment that he was "Business in the Front, Party in the Back" (Mullet) - nice Aunt. So on Friday morning he had his first haircut. Big excitement. We then packed up and headed to San Diego for his Aunt Annette's wedding, where he experienced his first flight, first dip in the ocean, first time in a hotel room and, least I forget, first time a drunk chic crawled into bed with him and passed out. WHAT??!! Yes, this did happen. On Saturday night (his fourteen week birthday) he was innocently swaddled and sleeping on the bed in the guest room. When I went in to check on him I found the door locked - of course, I assumed that I had accidentally locked him in! - but when I got the key and opened the door I found the light on and a chic passed out in bed next to him. In hindsight, we are really glad that nothing happened and no one got hurt. Of course, at the time we thought it was hysterical, even snapping a picture of it for posterity and so he can brag to his friends in 15 years. Nice.

Haircut - The dramatic Before PictureAfter Picture
The Evidence!
Posing in his "Congratulations, you get to sit near me" airplane shirt. Of course, this shirt would have been more prophetic if he was screaming, but we were happy he wasn't!

Niko was not nearly as amused by the pilot as he was with the cabin lights.

Snoozing with his SWA 1st Flight certificate that was signed by the whole crew!


Right before we left for the beach...somehow he ended up looking like an Army Ranger instead of a beach-goer.


Ha, I'm so busy trying to suck it in I didn't notice poor Niko's hat has slipped down over his face. Nice mother. And for the record, give me some credit for posting this incredibly unflattering view...hey, I'm only 14 weeks out! :)


Last peaceful moments before being dipped into the ocean by Dad.


And the money shot...

No comments: