Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Smelling the Roses

Sometimes life is a little rough. Maybe your job sucks because it's quarter-end and you barely have time to pee, let alone take a lunch break. Maybe two of your best friends are making you go to a fitness bootcamp that starts at the crack of dawn. Maybe your summer is eerily devoid of vacations compared to last summer. I mean, obviously these are all just fictional examples...what I'm trying to say here is, sometimes it's the little things that pull you through.

Please enjoy two of my little things. Two little mini-Fridays if you will.



Photo courtesy of: Meredith Cecchin



Photo courtesy of: Elizabeth Sun

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The story behind mine: I'm at Denny's with the two kids and see this sign as we run in to go potty before sitting down. I spend dinner wrestling with kids and figuring out how to take a pic of that sign for Heather and Sarah to see. I deconstructed this pic with my junior high grammar students last week. Things I love: "warm soup" - does that sound appetizing?; eraser marks in "receive" that show someone proofread this sign; the misspellings in "delicious" and "suggestively"; and most importantly, the word choice of "suggestively" in the Denny's sales pitch. I thought I was a lock for that singular free pancake puppy. Who would offer me alcohol? But my server said "Uh.. I see you're here with two kids, maybe you'd like a glass of wine?" So awesome!