Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Quandary

Alright, I didn't receive any help from fellow Tweeters so I am bringing this problem to my loyal blog readers.

I am currently 200 pages into "I Know This Much Is True" by Wally Lamb and can't decide if I want to commit. Normally I read the complete book after I start it (even if I don't really like/love it) out of some sort of weird loyalty or desire to see it through. However, the other day I was talking to a friend who was saying that life is too short to waste our precious free time on a book that doesn't grab us. SO? Anyone out there that's read it (Sara, Brenda, Katie...) that can talk me in or out of this book? PS - did I mention it's 900 pages?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Run for the hills. I started when we were in AZ, remember? Tried to carry the torch when I got home but geez, what a snoozer.

lizbriggsfarrell said...

Hang with it... one of the most amazing books I have read.

lizbriggsfarrell said...

Hang with it... one of the most amazing books I have read.

Hap and Sue said...

I vote with the person who told you life is too short to waste your time on a book that doesn't grab your interest!

Brenda B. said...

Hmmm, I've only read 1 900+ page book, and it wasn't this one. I too stick with books out of loyalty - even when I know something better just opened up at the library :).

Can't say what I'd do in your shoes. Although I'd likely stick it out hoping for something amazing to happen.

Beth said...

I say forget it,-if I don't like a book by page 10, I bag it!