Friday, March 4, 2011

SaHM (Stay At Home Mom)

Hmm, so in case you haven't guessed, I still have not found a job. I have had a few interviews and some things are in the pipeline but nothing has come to fruition *yet*. So Tyke and I sat down and figured out what we could cut out. Goodbye gym membership (I mean, we have our garage gym anyway, right?) Actually that may be a real question since I haven't worked out in over a month...but I digress. Unlimited data plan for the iPhone - thing of the past. And so on. We've gone back and forth on pulling Olive from daycare but we are hesitant to do so for a bunch of reasons: she loves it, the possibility that I pull her and then get a job and lose her space, etc. etc. However, we decided to scale back one day a week to save some money so Olive now only attends three days a week (the kids have always been home with me on Fridays.)

This week was our first Thursday together. I have to admit, it was fabulous, it felt like maternity leave. It helped that we had great weather (so much so that I called Taki and told him he was lucky I wasn't job searching during the summer because...let's just say I would be a little less motivated.)

We started out walking Nikos to school around 9 and (after I wrestled Olive off his campus - she always wants to stay!) then headed to Starbucks (shocker!)

On the way we passed this great car that included a license plate frame saying that they had been to all of the baseball stadiums.


Once we finished our two mile walk (darn our nearest Starbucks for closing!) we enjoyed a venti nonfat chai and some sort of fancy kids' fruit smoothie. Please note Olive's sunglasses, this is no exaggeration, in the two mile walk she received no less than 9 stranger compliments on them. Thank you Brookie for the handmedowns!


On our walk we passed a bunch of these beautiful trees that are popular in the area - I think they are called tulip trees but I'm not really sure.


Olive shows of her jumping skills (so very similar to Niko's at his age!)



Also on the way home, Olive decides to sit in a pile of mud. Nice.


And finally some spring flowers we enjoyed on our walk home.


- Posted using BlogPress from Heather's iPhone

1 comment:

Bill and Cindy said...

LOVE the way Olive saunters back to the same spot for each jump --- and the way she flings her left air up into the air in an effort to go higher!