Monday, February 8, 2010

Loose in the City

This past Friday the kids went to backup daycare in the city because I had to go into work. After work I was running late so Taki picked the kids up and I met up with them in the parking garage. On the way home I was routing through the diaper bag to read the little progress reports that the center writes up and with horror I realized MONKEY WAS NOT IN THE BAG. Yup, monkey was lost. We crossed our fingers that he was left at daycare but since it was already closed for the weekend we were, in a word, screwed.

Luckily Nikos doesn't need monkey to sleep at night, so we just had to deal with a bunch of questions. Friday night he and Taki had a playdate at the Cecchin house with the Grochol, Cecchin and D'Angelo kids, so by the time he got home he was too exhausted to look for monkey. Saturday night he asked about monkey and Taki said that he was on a vacation. Fast forward until Monday morning when I have called daycare and left a message to check for our lost simian. I've also had an interesting conversation with the building security that involved me telling the officer that I was missing a stuffed monkey and the officer asking me what color. I wanted to say, really, are there that many stuffed monkeys in lost and found? Disappointed, I figured I should plan on visiting a toys tore on my lunch break when I get this text from Taki...

I'm Back!

When Taki brought him home to Nikos, Niko was super excited. When Taki asked him where monkey went on vacation he said, without hesitation, "Starbucks!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think heather is more attached to Monkey then Nikkos

Brenda B. said...

What no letters of ransom? Glad he's home safe.

Bill and Cindy said...

STARBUCKS????!!!!! Wow, you guys can save a lot of money on trips if that's Nikos' definition of a vacation!

Kristin said...

hahah that's a great story. I'm glad monkey is safe!!