Sunday, February 21, 2010

All About Olive (Again)

Olive is 11 months old! I can't believe it. For those keeping track, Taki's still preaching Three's A Crowd! while I'm still singin Three's Company! Let's just say we won't be changing the name of the blog anytime soon.

Olive is a fabulous little baby. She is really just very happy all the time, smiling, laughing and still loving Nikos and all his attention. When she does cry he can always make her stop by singing ABC's (or ABCD's as he calls them.) She is off baby food and onto regular food and so far has been pretty adventurous. I was telling Taki I thought this boded well for the future but then he reminded me that Nikos ate everything we fed him when he was little too. Ha! Of course, I feel like she has more enjoyment for it, like lunging for the spoon and stuff, where he never really did that. She doesn't seem to have a real interest in crawling yet (which is basically on pace with Nikos since he didn't crawl until a few days before his first birthday.) Maybe I listened to a little too much Jack Johnson when I was pregnant with her. She's still on two naps a day, usually taking a three hour nap at 10am and then another shorter one later in the day. She's just starting to pay attention to the fun bows I put in her hair, pulling them out on occasion. Her hair is still crazy (no haircuts yet) but I did get rid of all the cradle cap (for all those that commented.) Her hair is very much like mine (and Nikos'), curly with more humidity, straight with less. Guess these kids are never movin ' back to the East Coast. :) Lastly, she seems to prefer Puddy to Bosco.

You'll notice in her photo shoot for this month that she is sporting her 0-6 month "olive" onesie from John and Linda Andreotti (which has had a prolonged life thanks to Gina Eggert's onesie extenders!) She's also clutching a bow that she yanked out of her hair moments earlier.

And finally, I'll end with the benefits of a late crawler. While Taki took Nikos to the park (while Olive was napping) I cleaned the house. When she woke up I fed her lunch and then plopped her on the blanket...knowing she wasn't going anywhere. Mwuah ha ha.

5 comments:

Bill and Cindy said...

Hard to believe this little cutie is closing in on 1 year old already. LOVE the shots with Opa Bear this month.

Linda said...

That year did go by way too fast. Can't wait for the party! Hint hint

Shawna said...

I'm jealous of your little sitter that stays right where you put her. And, I love Olive's tutu/baby legs look - very cute!

Amy G. said...

Oh my goodness! Heather, she is such a doll!!

The Roberts Family said...

Awww, she looks sooo adorable & stylish. And her hair doesn't look one bit greasy! Good job! ;)