Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hawaii - Day 2 (I think)

Full disclosure here, I am not sure how much of my Hawaii blogging is going to be in order. Combine the fact that we were in the islands for 17 days, the fact that I took over 1500 pictures on three cameras (and had issues uploading them) and the fact that I have been such a slacker in blogging...who knows where we will end up.

Day 2 and I mistakenly reward Nikos for waking up at 6am by buying him a donut at the marketplace. Genius parenting move - reward "bad" behavior.

Olive gets ready on the lanai for her daily sunscreen allowance.

Morning finds us back at the pool with the kids getting more and more comfortable in the water.

Case in point - Nikos showing off.

Olive and Baby Jack.

Brookie with her eyes of blue.

We took a break from swimmin to feed the koi.

Little more pool time...

A little afternoon trip to Ka'anapali for some ice cream.

After ice cream we headed back to the timeshare and got ready for the luau!

Olive and Baby Jack took a little Scabie Baby time before getting dressed.

Katie and I talked to the concierge the first day we arrived and found a great deal on the luau next door at the Sheraton. For a LOT cheaper than the normal luau price we could pay a lesser amount and go just for the show and the bottomless drinks. Perfect! We can spend $29 and drink all we want (love the free shuttle) and we don't have to worry about dropping a hundo for our kids to avoid the poi.

My little hula girl.

Before the show started Nikos decided he was starving (??) so I went up to ask the women sitting at the front table how much it would be for one kids meal - seriously thinking they would say "Oh just let him go grab something." Maybe I should have explained first that he probably only would've eaten the bread...since she told me $79. What? So while Tyke took off with Nikos to buy some crackers Katie and I took to the stage with the girls. (Katie in white, me with the stupid wave towards Jack.)

I love the fact that in all of the pictures I took of the D'Angelo family for this shot I couldn't get Brookie to look at me for ONE. She was so excited - I mean, look at her expression - love it!

I swear my kids were having fun.

The kids loooved dancing during the luau.

And we'll end with two great videos. Nikos doing the hula - wait for it at the end.



And the kids dancing - hard to see but cute.


3 comments:

Hap and Sue said...

Glad that you are FINALLY (just kidding) getting around to updating your blog!! I tried to look at the videos on the second Hawaii blog entry and got a message that they are private videos. Am I doing something wrong? So far it looks like you had a great trip! :))

Romios Family said...

should work now Aunt Sue!

Hap and Sue said...

Thanks, Heather! So cute! Looks like they are going to be some dancing fools!! haha!! They must get their dancing talent from you -- they certainly don't get it from me!! :))